As Johnny Polygon revealed in this March interview, the opening track off his latest street album resulted from the conjunction of a simple keyboard melody and a surreal image (“What if you splattered blood across the sky and it was just this Purple Mess?”). The latter seems like a natural premise for some trippy visuals, but the Tulsa repper’s gone in an entirely different direction with the joint’s official cinematic accompaniment. To complement the cut, a moody composition featuring Polygon crooning in falsetto over frequent collaboator Picnictyme‘s synth production, the Oklahoma native and co-director Jeremy Charles craft a suspenseful clip portraying a tragic love affair between two female apocalypse survivors. For Purple Mess and many more innovative jams, cop Johnny’s The Nothing LP, released via The DJBooth in February.
Written by richard on 11/25/13
For the first time in over two years, Johnny Polygon is back in the Booth with a new project. Set to go on The Light Up The Night tour from March 21, through April 27, with PAC DIV, the Tulsa native is preparing for the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Been Runnin'" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.