Though there are people who manage to hang onto life for a hundred years or more, precious few leave this world without some unfinished business. As Johnny Polygon reminds us on his latest promo single, You’re Never Too Old to Die Young. Over a dreamy instrumental by YOG$, the beatsmith who brought us Ambient Pack, the Booth fave shares some sung and flowed reflections on the struggle to find happiness and meaning in the shadow of mortality. Heavy stuff, but the Oklahoma repper executes the concept with a light touch, making existential angst sound downright soothing. Never Too Old isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can click here to purchase the record via BandCamp.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Been Runnin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.