Though there are people who manage to hang onto life for a hundred years or more, precious few leave this world without some unfinished business. As Johnny Polygon reminds us on his latest promo single, You’re Never Too Old to Die Young. Over a dreamy instrumental by YOG$, the beatsmith who brought us Ambient Pack, the Booth fave shares some sung and flowed reflections on the struggle to find happiness and meaning in the shadow of mortality. Heavy stuff, but the Oklahoma repper executes the concept with a light touch, making existential angst sound downright soothing. Never Too Old isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can click here to purchase the record via BandCamp.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Been Runnin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.