Though there are people who manage to hang onto life for a hundred years or more, precious few leave this world without some unfinished business. As Johnny Polygon reminds us on his latest promo single, You’re Never Too Old to Die Young. Over a dreamy instrumental by YOG$, the beatsmith who brought us Ambient Pack, the Booth fave shares some sung and flowed reflections on the struggle to find happiness and meaning in the shadow of mortality. Heavy stuff, but the Oklahoma repper executes the concept with a light touch, making existential angst sound downright soothing. Never Too Old isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can click here to purchase the record via BandCamp.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Been Runnin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.