Funny how everything with booming bass just sounds so effin awesome, as Johnny Polygon would say. The eccentric emcee, with the kaleidoscope of beats and brain-stinging lyrics, keeps things moving on his latest video drop my sh*t, off of his forthcoming debut album, Pu**y Gun, Polygon’s first project since the release of Wolf in Cheap Clothing in 2010. Bumping his own unique brand of get-wit-able trippy rhythms and hyper-vision thoughts, Polygon’s brain is channeled through the mic in shapely lyrical expressions as producer Dave Cappa pushes all kinds of off-beat hexagons and Rubik’s Cubes through this layered production. Sounding like something skateboard P would be proud of, the blend of old school kickdrums with holographic sound effects makes this record just as visual as it is audible (for further proof, check out the trailer). If you’re not careful, you might just find yourself tripping off some Scooby snacks after listening to this one! Polygon keeps it 3D with all of his sounds, so be sure to check for more work coming soon from Pu**y Gun soon, set to be released later this year.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Been Runnin'" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.