Funny how everything with booming bass just sounds so effin awesome, as Johnny Polygon would say. The eccentric emcee, with the kaleidoscope of beats and brain-stinging lyrics, keeps things moving on his latest video drop my sh*t, off of his forthcoming debut album, Pu**y Gun, Polygon’s first project since the release of Wolf in Cheap Clothing in 2010. Bumping his own unique brand of get-wit-able trippy rhythms and hyper-vision thoughts, Polygon’s brain is channeled through the mic in shapely lyrical expressions as producer Dave Cappa pushes all kinds of off-beat hexagons and Rubik’s Cubes through this layered production. Sounding like something skateboard P would be proud of, the blend of old school kickdrums with holographic sound effects makes this record just as visual as it is audible (for further proof, check out the trailer). If you’re not careful, you might just find yourself tripping off some Scooby snacks after listening to this one! Polygon keeps it 3D with all of his sounds, so be sure to check for more work coming soon from Pu**y Gun soon, set to be released later this year.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 09/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Been Runnin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.