Update: The Shellie Lewis-directed visuals for Johnny Polygon’s The Fall single have been added.
Though we’ve featured dribs and drabs of new material in the intervening year, Johnny Polygon fans haven’t had much to sink their teeth into since the Februray 2013 release of Booth-exclusive street album The Nothing. But the drought is over; today, the Oklahoma City repper returns to our front page with single numero uno off a forthcoming independent full-length. On The Fall—named for the thing you do after you trip, not the season that’s just beginning—Gunar Underwood‘s pensive bassline and delicate keys set the stage for offbeat lyrical reflections on everything from modern romance, to cocaine (“...I only do drugs from the ‘80s”), to murder. Though I Love You, Goodnight is currently unscheduled, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 01/23/15
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Been Runnin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.