Johnny Polygon‘s a hard emcee to pin down, but one thing’s for certain: there’s something about him that keeps listeners coming back for more. His last feature, That’s You, saw him mixing blunt sexual humor with world-weary pearls of wisdom like an aloof, extremely crass Buddha, and this new record, a bonus track off his forthcoming Group Hug EP, finds him taking an equally irreverent yet insightful look at what is, for better or worse, our society’s main yardstick for success: money. Day Dreamin’ over a woozy, sampled instrumental by Oklahoma, he observes that, if there’s a God up there, he must really, really like millionaires, segueing into some intriguingly abstract philosophical musings on his second verse. Stay tuned for more of Johnny P.‘s deep thoughts on Group Hug, dropping May 12th, as well as his contribution to our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series, also coming next month.
Written by richard on 04/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Been Runnin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.