As a rule, rappers tend to have rougher edges than their colleagues on the R&B side of the spectrum but, like every generalization, this one has its exceptions. Today, we meet one of ‘em. An indie singer/songwriter hailing from Nashville, Tennessee, Johnny Phrank introduces us to his distinctive “Trap&B” style with the world premiere of potential single Condo. While Walid‘s reversed-synth beat is smooth and sinuous, as are the headliner’s soulful vocals, the content of his verses would sound right at home on a grimy street banger. Has this genre-bending jam piqued your interest? Then keep it locked for more song releases leading up to the arrival of Phrank’s next project, Flight Risk, on August 12.
Written by richard on 07/24/14
Submit your Rating
Top Bound Boyz
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.