As a rule, rappers tend to have rougher edges than their colleagues on the R&B side of the spectrum but, like every generalization, this one has its exceptions. Today, we meet one of ‘em. An indie singer/songwriter hailing from Nashville, Tennessee, Johnny Phrank introduces us to his distinctive “Trap&B” style with the world premiere of potential single Condo. While Walid‘s reversed-synth beat is smooth and sinuous, as are the headliner’s soulful vocals, the content of his verses would sound right at home on a grimy street banger. Has this genre-bending jam piqued your interest? Then keep it locked for more song releases leading up to the arrival of Phrank’s next project, Flight Risk, on August 12.
Written by richard on 07/24/14
Submit your Rating
Top Bound Boyz
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.