As a rule, rappers tend to have rougher edges than their colleagues on the R&B side of the spectrum but, like every generalization, this one has its exceptions. Today, we meet one of ‘em. An indie singer/songwriter hailing from Nashville, Tennessee, Johnny Phrank introduces us to his distinctive “Trap&B” style with the world premiere of potential single Condo. While Walid‘s reversed-synth beat is smooth and sinuous, as are the headliner’s soulful vocals, the content of his verses would sound right at home on a grimy street banger. Has this genre-bending jam piqued your interest? Then keep it locked for more song releases leading up to the arrival of Phrank’s next project, Flight Risk, on August 12.
Written by richard on 07/24/14
Submit your Rating
Top Bound Boyz
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)