As a rule, rappers tend to have rougher edges than their colleagues on the R&B side of the spectrum but, like every generalization, this one has its exceptions. Today, we meet one of ‘em. An indie singer/songwriter hailing from Nashville, Tennessee, Johnny Phrank introduces us to his distinctive “Trap&B” style with the world premiere of potential single Condo. While Walid‘s reversed-synth beat is smooth and sinuous, as are the headliner’s soulful vocals, the content of his verses would sound right at home on a grimy street banger. Has this genre-bending jam piqued your interest? Then keep it locked for more song releases leading up to the arrival of Phrank’s next project, Flight Risk, on August 12.
Written by richard on 07/24/14
Submit your Rating
Top Bound Boyz
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.