While John Robinson & PVD could accurately be described as an emcee/producer duo, they prefer to think of themselves as a Two Man Mob. Which isn’t to say they’re averse to admitting outsiders into their circle. On the latest single off the twosome’s next joint LP (their first feature since last November’s The Business (Remix), Brand Nubian’s Sadat X and Booth newcomer I.D. 4 Windz link up with Robinson to drop lyrical flames over his partner’s barrelling breakbeat and Latin guitar riffs. Featuring this underground banger and much more, Modern Vintage is set to hit record stores and online retailers June 17, via Brick Records.
Written by richard on 06/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Someday ft. Talib Kweli, Torae, John Robinson & Tiffany P." (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.