While classic rock lovers may be familiar with the name John Regan as the bassist who played with Peter Frampton, hip-hop heads and Booth regulars likely know him as an up-and-coming emcee who’s dropped impressive records like Paint the World and Yesterday. With his third feature, Regan brings us his sickest single yet, Nobody’s Somebody. Also featuring VA superstar producer turned rapper Nottz (see also, Blast That), and another big name behind the boards, 88-Keys, on paper this has the potential to be one of Regan’s biggest tracks, but does it live up to the hype? As the beat starts, Keys and Nottz immediately let us know this is not one of those pop dance tracks; instead, a low bass line sets that mood and lets us know we need to pay attention to every word Regan spits. As for the lyrics themselves, Regan packs a series of punch lines that will have more than a couple people making that “oh s**t” face. If all the records on Regan’s upcoming album Sorry I’m Late are this good, he has a real chance to become as great as he obviously dreams of becoming.
Written by JRTheWriter on 09/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Paint the World" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.