While classic rock lovers may be familiar with the name John Regan as the bassist who played with Peter Frampton, hip-hop heads and Booth regulars likely know him as an up-and-coming emcee who’s dropped impressive records like Paint the World and Yesterday. With his third feature, Regan brings us his sickest single yet, Nobody’s Somebody. Also featuring VA superstar producer turned rapper Nottz (see also, Blast That), and another big name behind the boards, 88-Keys, on paper this has the potential to be one of Regan’s biggest tracks, but does it live up to the hype? As the beat starts, Keys and Nottz immediately let us know this is not one of those pop dance tracks; instead, a low bass line sets that mood and lets us know we need to pay attention to every word Regan spits. As for the lyrics themselves, Regan packs a series of punch lines that will have more than a couple people making that “oh s**t” face. If all the records on Regan’s upcoming album Sorry I’m Late are this good, he has a real chance to become as great as he obviously dreams of becoming.
Written by JRTheWriter on 09/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Paint the World" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.