Don’t let the title mislead you – John Public‘s first Booth feature is not so much about kicks as it is about… well, pretty much everything else. As a matter of fact, Sneaker Music is as thorough an introduction to the Jersey City emcee as listeners could ask for. In a wistful, conversational flow, the up-and-comer explains his motivations for making music, what he hopes to accomplish in the game, and just how determined he is to transform his dreams into reality. “Inside drillin’, outside rain or shine, buildin’ to set an example for my children…” Backed by the nostalgia-drenched boardwork of Goodwill Beats, who flip a dusty soul sample into a sunny, head-nodding secondhand groove, this retro-informed jam is sure to put smiles on the faces of our resident old souls – and anyone else who prefers their hip-hop with a little vintage flavor. If you fall into that category, you won’t want to miss John Public’s John Said: NahMean street album, scheduled to hit the ‘net March 3.
Listen to More: John Public
Written by richard on 02/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Freedom People" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.