Don’t let the title mislead you – John Public‘s first Booth feature is not so much about kicks as it is about… well, pretty much everything else. As a matter of fact, Sneaker Music is as thorough an introduction to the Jersey City emcee as listeners could ask for. In a wistful, conversational flow, the up-and-comer explains his motivations for making music, what he hopes to accomplish in the game, and just how determined he is to transform his dreams into reality. “Inside drillin’, outside rain or shine, buildin’ to set an example for my children…” Backed by the nostalgia-drenched boardwork of Goodwill Beats, who flip a dusty soul sample into a sunny, head-nodding secondhand groove, this retro-informed jam is sure to put smiles on the faces of our resident old souls – and anyone else who prefers their hip-hop with a little vintage flavor. If you fall into that category, you won’t want to miss John Public’s John Said: NahMean street album, scheduled to hit the ‘net March 3.
Written by richard on 02/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Freedom People" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)