Most rappers, when asked their drink of choice, would spring for something trendy and expensive – Patron, Rozay, perhaps Siroc. Ever the populist, however, John Public prefers a glass of Jack & Ginger Ale. Making its world premiere right here at DJBooth.net, this newly-leaked mixtape cut finds the freestyle series alum pouring himself a tall glass and embarking upon a trip down Memory Lane. Over the hard-hitting yet wistful boardwork of Booth regular 6th Sense, the emcee gives fans a little insight into his own past as well as reminiscing about a few friends whose lives didn’t go quite as they had planned: after revisiting the stories of a girl he lost after his inability to stay sober landed him in jail, and a school acquaintance who had “seen one too many scenes with Johnny Depp from Blow.,” he returns to the present day to describe his own reality, ending by raising a a toast to ...everyone with dreams like mine.” Bittersweet but ultimately hopeful, this thought-provoking joint and much more will be found on John Public’s Booth-sponsored Re-Gifted: Thrift Shop Experience mixtape, set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download December 7.
Written by richard on 10/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sneaker Music" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.