Most rappers, when asked their drink of choice, would spring for something trendy and expensive – Patron, Rozay, perhaps Siroc. Ever the populist, however, John Public prefers a glass of Jack & Ginger Ale. Making its world premiere right here at DJBooth.net, this newly-leaked mixtape cut finds the freestyle series alum pouring himself a tall glass and embarking upon a trip down Memory Lane. Over the hard-hitting yet wistful boardwork of Booth regular 6th Sense, the emcee gives fans a little insight into his own past as well as reminiscing about a few friends whose lives didn’t go quite as they had planned: after revisiting the stories of a girl he lost after his inability to stay sober landed him in jail, and a school acquaintance who had “seen one too many scenes with Johnny Depp from Blow.,” he returns to the present day to describe his own reality, ending by raising a a toast to ...everyone with dreams like mine.” Bittersweet but ultimately hopeful, this thought-provoking joint and much more will be found on John Public’s Booth-sponsored Re-Gifted: Thrift Shop Experience mixtape, set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download December 7.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sneaker Music" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.