Most rappers, when asked their drink of choice, would spring for something trendy and expensive – Patron, Rozay, perhaps Siroc. Ever the populist, however, John Public prefers a glass of Jack & Ginger Ale. Making its world premiere right here at DJBooth.net, this newly-leaked mixtape cut finds the freestyle series alum pouring himself a tall glass and embarking upon a trip down Memory Lane. Over the hard-hitting yet wistful boardwork of Booth regular 6th Sense, the emcee gives fans a little insight into his own past as well as reminiscing about a few friends whose lives didn’t go quite as they had planned: after revisiting the stories of a girl he lost after his inability to stay sober landed him in jail, and a school acquaintance who had “seen one too many scenes with Johnny Depp from Blow.,” he returns to the present day to describe his own reality, ending by raising a a toast to ...everyone with dreams like mine.” Bittersweet but ultimately hopeful, this thought-provoking joint and much more will be found on John Public’s Booth-sponsored Re-Gifted: Thrift Shop Experience mixtape, set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download December 7.
Written by richard on 10/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sneaker Music" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.