Last we heard from John Newman, on May debut single Love Me Again, the UK soul singer was pleading for a second chance after being caught doing his girl dirty. Cheating is also the topic of his latest effort, but this time the roles have been shuffled: the woman is running around behind her man’s back, and Newman is boyfriend number two. Unsurprisingly, he has a considerably sunnier outlook on infidelity this time around. Over his, Anthony Whiting and Mark Spencer‘s driving production, he encourages her to keep up her dirty deeds: “If you’re cheatin’ / Cheat on yeah / Cause cheating’s just a thing you do.” An unknown director’s cinematic visuals round out the package. This cut will be released to the UK version of iTunes on October 6. Fans can pre-order the single now via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Again" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.