Last we heard from John Newman, on May debut single Love Me Again, the UK soul singer was pleading for a second chance after being caught doing his girl dirty. Cheating is also the topic of his latest effort, but this time the roles have been shuffled: the woman is running around behind her man’s back, and Newman is boyfriend number two. Unsurprisingly, he has a considerably sunnier outlook on infidelity this time around. Over his, Anthony Whiting and Mark Spencer‘s driving production, he encourages her to keep up her dirty deeds: “If you’re cheatin’ / Cheat on yeah / Cause cheating’s just a thing you do.” An unknown director’s cinematic visuals round out the package. This cut will be released to the UK version of iTunes on October 6. Fans can pre-order the single now via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Again" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.