Last we heard from John Newman, on May debut single Love Me Again, the UK soul singer was pleading for a second chance after being caught doing his girl dirty. Cheating is also the topic of his latest effort, but this time the roles have been shuffled: the woman is running around behind her man’s back, and Newman is boyfriend number two. Unsurprisingly, he has a considerably sunnier outlook on infidelity this time around. Over his, Anthony Whiting and Mark Spencer‘s driving production, he encourages her to keep up her dirty deeds: “If you’re cheatin’ / Cheat on yeah / Cause cheating’s just a thing you do.” An unknown director’s cinematic visuals round out the package. This cut will be released to the UK version of iTunes on October 6. Fans can pre-order the single now via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Again" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)