Last we heard from John Newman, on May debut single Love Me Again, the UK soul singer was pleading for a second chance after being caught doing his girl dirty. Cheating is also the topic of his latest effort, but this time the roles have been shuffled: the woman is running around behind her man’s back, and Newman is boyfriend number two. Unsurprisingly, he has a considerably sunnier outlook on infidelity this time around. Over his, Anthony Whiting and Mark Spencer‘s driving production, he encourages her to keep up her dirty deeds: “If you’re cheatin’ / Cheat on yeah / Cause cheating’s just a thing you do.” An unknown director’s cinematic visuals round out the package. This cut will be released to the UK version of iTunes on October 6. Fans can pre-order the single now via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 08/23/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Again" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.