Love is so much Like a Drug it’s a wonder it’s legal. Think about it: it’s habit-forming, hampers your ability to concentrate on anything except the object of your affection, causes a wide variety of physical symptoms and influences the addicts to act in ways he or she would never have considered previously. If you ask John Michael, the indie R&B singer who brought us Sophisticated Lady back in 2012, it’s “the illest high” there is. On this freshly-minted promo cut, the Virginian crooner pays tribute to a girl who never fails to leave him fiending for more, accompanied by the lush, brassy production of ZRHTP. Black Collar Biz contributes guest bars. For more, check out John Michaels’s Young & Restless LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/22/14
Submit your Rating
Top Notch Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sophisticated Lady" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.