Love is so much Like a Drug it’s a wonder it’s legal. Think about it: it’s habit-forming, hampers your ability to concentrate on anything except the object of your affection, causes a wide variety of physical symptoms and influences the addicts to act in ways he or she would never have considered previously. If you ask John Michael, the indie R&B singer who brought us Sophisticated Lady back in 2012, it’s “the illest high” there is. On this freshly-minted promo cut, the Virginian crooner pays tribute to a girl who never fails to leave him fiending for more, accompanied by the lush, brassy production of ZRHTP. Black Collar Biz contributes guest bars. For more, check out John Michaels’s Young & Restless LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/22/14
Submit your Rating
Top Notch Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sophisticated Lady" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.