Love is so much Like a Drug it’s a wonder it’s legal. Think about it: it’s habit-forming, hampers your ability to concentrate on anything except the object of your affection, causes a wide variety of physical symptoms and influences the addicts to act in ways he or she would never have considered previously. If you ask John Michael, the indie R&B singer who brought us Sophisticated Lady back in 2012, it’s “the illest high” there is. On this freshly-minted promo cut, the Virginian crooner pays tribute to a girl who never fails to leave him fiending for more, accompanied by the lush, brassy production of ZRHTP. Black Collar Biz contributes guest bars. For more, check out John Michaels’s Young & Restless LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/22/14
Submit your Rating
Top Notch Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sophisticated Lady" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.