Originally featured, to positive Booth reviews, back in July, John Legend‘s You & I has received the remix treatment courtesy of G.O.O.D. Music labelmate Benny Cassette. Whereas the album version found Legend celebrating his girl’s perfect imperfections over a minimal, piano-driven groove, this rendition of the cut has considerably more going on behind the boards. Buzzing synth-bass, leisurely four-on-the-floor percussion and glowing keys collide to form Cassette’s beat, a lush affair that doesn’t detract from the song’s heartfelt vibe. This remix isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can find its prototype on Legend’s Love in the Future LP, available in stores and online as of late 2013.
Written by richard on 08/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.