Originally featured, to positive Booth reviews, back in July, John Legend‘s You & I has received the remix treatment courtesy of G.O.O.D. Music labelmate Benny Cassette. Whereas the album version found Legend celebrating his girl’s perfect imperfections over a minimal, piano-driven groove, this rendition of the cut has considerably more going on behind the boards. Buzzing synth-bass, leisurely four-on-the-floor percussion and glowing keys collide to form Cassette’s beat, a lush affair that doesn’t detract from the song’s heartfelt vibe. This remix isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can find its prototype on Legend’s Love in the Future LP, available in stores and online as of late 2013.
Written by richard on 08/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.