Originally featured, to positive Booth reviews, back in July, John Legend‘s You & I has received the remix treatment courtesy of G.O.O.D. Music labelmate Benny Cassette. Whereas the album version found Legend celebrating his girl’s perfect imperfections over a minimal, piano-driven groove, this rendition of the cut has considerably more going on behind the boards. Buzzing synth-bass, leisurely four-on-the-floor percussion and glowing keys collide to form Cassette’s beat, a lush affair that doesn’t detract from the song’s heartfelt vibe. This remix isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can find its prototype on Legend’s Love in the Future LP, available in stores and online as of late 2013.
Written by richard on 08/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.