Originally featured, to positive Booth reviews, back in July, John Legend‘s You & I has received the remix treatment courtesy of G.O.O.D. Music labelmate Benny Cassette. Whereas the album version found Legend celebrating his girl’s perfect imperfections over a minimal, piano-driven groove, this rendition of the cut has considerably more going on behind the boards. Buzzing synth-bass, leisurely four-on-the-floor percussion and glowing keys collide to form Cassette’s beat, a lush affair that doesn’t detract from the song’s heartfelt vibe. This remix isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can find its prototype on Legend’s Love in the Future LP, available in stores and online as of late 2013.
Written by richard on 08/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.