Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
“Who the f**k is this John Legend guy, and where does he get off creating beautiful songs for our listening pleasure? What nerve!”, said… nobody ever. While the G.O.O.D. Music R&B singer is way past the point of having to justify his activities, he demonstrates his humility by calling himself out on Who Do We Think We Are, the official lead single off his next studio album. Over his, Kanye West and Dave Tozer‘s production, a luxuriant flip of Jean Knight’s classic Mr. Big Stuff, Legend fills fans in on just how well he’s been feeling, and living, of late. Assisting on the guest tip, Rick Ross contributes his luxuriant lyrical stylings to the record’s middle portion. Fans will be able to find this cut, Booth-approved buzz record The Beginning and much more on Love in the Future, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers June 25.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view John Legend’s Paul Gore-directed Who Do We Think We Are visual.
Written by richard on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.