Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
“Who the f**k is this John Legend guy, and where does he get off creating beautiful songs for our listening pleasure? What nerve!”, said… nobody ever. While the G.O.O.D. Music R&B singer is way past the point of having to justify his activities, he demonstrates his humility by calling himself out on Who Do We Think We Are, the official lead single off his next studio album. Over his, Kanye West and Dave Tozer‘s production, a luxuriant flip of Jean Knight’s classic Mr. Big Stuff, Legend fills fans in on just how well he’s been feeling, and living, of late. Assisting on the guest tip, Rick Ross contributes his luxuriant lyrical stylings to the record’s middle portion. Fans will be able to find this cut, Booth-approved buzz record The Beginning and much more on Love in the Future, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers June 25.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view John Legend’s Paul Gore-directed Who Do We Think We Are visual.
Written by richard on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.