On the recently-featured lead single and title track off Think Like a Man‘s official soundtrack LP, Jennifer Hudson tried her best to step outside her everyday habits of thought and get into the head of the less-fair sex. While hers was a valiant effort, it was hardly the final word on the matter. Today, two male heavyweights from the worlds of R&B and hip-hop offer their perspective on single number two off the project. The findings… well, they should surprise roughly no one. Penned and performed by John Legend, Tonight (Best You Ever Had) finds Phatboiz crafting a sultry yet driving synth backdrop as the R&B heavyweight expresses two damn-near-universal desires of heterosexual males: to get it in with a beautiful woman, and to be the greatest lover she’s ever had. Ludacris throws a bit of a curveball on the guest tip, skewing tender and uncharacteristically subdued where you’d expect him to let his freaky side shine. So, was this song the best you ever heard—or at least good enough to drop 89 cents on? You’ll get the chance to do just that when Tonight arrives on iTunes next Tuesday, the 31st, via Epic Records. Watch for Think Like a Man (the film) to hit theaters in March.
Written by richard on 01/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.