On the recently-featured lead single and title track off Think Like a Man‘s official soundtrack LP, Jennifer Hudson tried her best to step outside her everyday habits of thought and get into the head of the less-fair sex. While hers was a valiant effort, it was hardly the final word on the matter. Today, two male heavyweights from the worlds of R&B and hip-hop offer their perspective on single number two off the project. The findings… well, they should surprise roughly no one. Penned and performed by John Legend, Tonight (Best You Ever Had) finds Phatboiz crafting a sultry yet driving synth backdrop as the R&B heavyweight expresses two damn-near-universal desires of heterosexual males: to get it in with a beautiful woman, and to be the greatest lover she’s ever had. Ludacris throws a bit of a curveball on the guest tip, skewing tender and uncharacteristically subdued where you’d expect him to let his freaky side shine. So, was this song the best you ever heard—or at least good enough to drop 89 cents on? You’ll get the chance to do just that when Tonight arrives on iTunes next Tuesday, the 31st, via Epic Records. Watch for Think Like a Man (the film) to hit theaters in March.
Written by richard on 01/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)