Who Did That to You?, John Legend‘s contribution to the Django Unchained soundtrack, was dope, but it’s a drop in the bucket in comparison to the recent drought of solo material from the G.O.O.D. Music crooner. That drought officially ended with this morning’s release of The Beginning, the first buzz record off Legend’s next studio album (the official single will be released later this month). On this bittersweet ballad, in-demand producer Hit-Boy‘s moody, harp-laced production backs the artist as he reminisces about his numerous “last times” with a certain woman. Love in the Future, Legend’s fourth solo set, has yet to be assigned a solid release date by the label brass, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for further details and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.