Who Did That to You?, John Legend‘s contribution to the Django Unchained soundtrack, was dope, but it’s a drop in the bucket in comparison to the recent drought of solo material from the G.O.O.D. Music crooner. That drought officially ended with this morning’s release of The Beginning, the first buzz record off Legend’s next studio album (the official single will be released later this month). On this bittersweet ballad, in-demand producer Hit-Boy‘s moody, harp-laced production backs the artist as he reminisces about his numerous “last times” with a certain woman. Love in the Future, Legend’s fourth solo set, has yet to be assigned a solid release date by the label brass, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for further details and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.