Who Did That to You?, John Legend‘s contribution to the Django Unchained soundtrack, was dope, but it’s a drop in the bucket in comparison to the recent drought of solo material from the G.O.O.D. Music crooner. That drought officially ended with this morning’s release of The Beginning, the first buzz record off Legend’s next studio album (the official single will be released later this month). On this bittersweet ballad, in-demand producer Hit-Boy‘s moody, harp-laced production backs the artist as he reminisces about his numerous “last times” with a certain woman. Love in the Future, Legend’s fourth solo set, has yet to be assigned a solid release date by the label brass, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for further details and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)