Who Did That to You?, John Legend‘s contribution to the Django Unchained soundtrack, was dope, but it’s a drop in the bucket in comparison to the recent drought of solo material from the G.O.O.D. Music crooner. That drought officially ended with this morning’s release of The Beginning, the first buzz record off Legend’s next studio album (the official single will be released later this month). On this bittersweet ballad, in-demand producer Hit-Boy‘s moody, harp-laced production backs the artist as he reminisces about his numerous “last times” with a certain woman. Love in the Future, Legend’s fourth solo set, has yet to be assigned a solid release date by the label brass, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for further details and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.