Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Back in March, John Legend ignited the buzz for his fifth studio album with Who Do We Think We Are, a lead single which won reader-acclaim for its classic, soulful vibe, as well as the singer’s ever-impressive vocals. Today, the G.O.O.D. Music crooner returns to our pages with Made to Love, a follow-up that hints at the more experimental side of the forthcoming LP. Working in conjunction with fellow Executive Producer Dave Tozer, Kanye West fully indulges his stylistic idiosyncrasies behind the boards. Legend’s reverb-soaked vocals come backed by 808s & Heartbreak-style distorted percussion, and a dramatic orchestral outro caps off the cut. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned to the Booth for further song releases leading up to the September 3, arrival of Love in the Future.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view John Legend’s Daniel Sannwald-directed Made to Love visual.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.