Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Back in March, John Legend ignited the buzz for his fifth studio album with Who Do We Think We Are, a lead single which won reader-acclaim for its classic, soulful vibe, as well as the singer’s ever-impressive vocals. Today, the G.O.O.D. Music crooner returns to our pages with Made to Love, a follow-up that hints at the more experimental side of the forthcoming LP. Working in conjunction with fellow Executive Producer Dave Tozer, Kanye West fully indulges his stylistic idiosyncrasies behind the boards. Legend’s reverb-soaked vocals come backed by 808s & Heartbreak-style distorted percussion, and a dramatic orchestral outro caps off the cut. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned to the Booth for further song releases leading up to the September 3, arrival of Love in the Future.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view John Legend’s Daniel Sannwald-directed Made to Love visual.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.