Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Back in March, John Legend ignited the buzz for his fifth studio album with Who Do We Think We Are, a lead single which won reader-acclaim for its classic, soulful vibe, as well as the singer’s ever-impressive vocals. Today, the G.O.O.D. Music crooner returns to our pages with Made to Love, a follow-up that hints at the more experimental side of the forthcoming LP. Working in conjunction with fellow Executive Producer Dave Tozer, Kanye West fully indulges his stylistic idiosyncrasies behind the boards. Legend’s reverb-soaked vocals come backed by 808s & Heartbreak-style distorted percussion, and a dramatic orchestral outro caps off the cut. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned to the Booth for further song releases leading up to the September 3, arrival of Love in the Future.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view John Legend’s Daniel Sannwald-directed Made to Love visual.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.