It’s out with the old John and in with the new! Gearing up to release his third studio album, Evolver, this September, GOOD Music/Columbia recording artist John Legend has put his live instrumentation tracks on the back burner and will instead focus on production with up-tempo drums loops and new-age synthesizers from the likes of Kanye West and The Neptunes. Joining Legend on the funky acid jazz-like Green Light, a potential first single off the upcoming project, is Outkast’s Andre 3000. Together, the pairing is an absolute musical match; so harmonious, in fact, that it should have plenty of fans clamoring for an entire collaborative project. DJBooth will provide more details on Legend’s new project as they emerge in the coming months.
Written by DJ Z on 06/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.