It’s out with the old John and in with the new! Gearing up to release his third studio album, Evolver, this September, GOOD Music/Columbia recording artist John Legend has put his live instrumentation tracks on the back burner and will instead focus on production with up-tempo drums loops and new-age synthesizers from the likes of Kanye West and The Neptunes. Joining Legend on the funky acid jazz-like Green Light, a potential first single off the upcoming project, is Outkast’s Andre 3000. Together, the pairing is an absolute musical match; so harmonious, in fact, that it should have plenty of fans clamoring for an entire collaborative project. DJBooth will provide more details on Legend’s new project as they emerge in the coming months.
Written by DJ Z on 06/16/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.