In case you were wondering what John Legend’s current single, Green Light, would sound like if it were remixed with a hint of Bob Marley, then we have just what you’re looking for! A staple of our charts at DJBooth the past two-plus months, Green Light was recently redone by the U.K.’s Afroganic crew. While the original version, which features production by Malay & KPM of Ghett-O-Vision, utilizes an up-tempo, club-worthy beat, Afroganic’s newer version takes the BMP counter and cranks it way down. Despite the fact that Andre’s vocals were not rerecorded for the remix (they seem slightly out of place), John’s verses, chorus, and bridge layer perfectly over the reggae-tinged feel of the production. Legend will release his brand new studio album, Evolver, this October.
Written by DJ Z on 09/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.