In case you were wondering what John Legend’s current single, Green Light, would sound like if it were remixed with a hint of Bob Marley, then we have just what you’re looking for! A staple of our charts at DJBooth the past two-plus months, Green Light was recently redone by the U.K.’s Afroganic crew. While the original version, which features production by Malay & KPM of Ghett-O-Vision, utilizes an up-tempo, club-worthy beat, Afroganic’s newer version takes the BMP counter and cranks it way down. Despite the fact that Andre’s vocals were not rerecorded for the remix (they seem slightly out of place), John’s verses, chorus, and bridge layer perfectly over the reggae-tinged feel of the production. Legend will release his brand new studio album, Evolver, this October.
Written by DJ Z on 09/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.