In case you were wondering what John Legend’s current single, Green Light, would sound like if it were remixed with a hint of Bob Marley, then we have just what you’re looking for! A staple of our charts at DJBooth the past two-plus months, Green Light was recently redone by the U.K.’s Afroganic crew. While the original version, which features production by Malay & KPM of Ghett-O-Vision, utilizes an up-tempo, club-worthy beat, Afroganic’s newer version takes the BMP counter and cranks it way down. Despite the fact that Andre’s vocals were not rerecorded for the remix (they seem slightly out of place), John’s verses, chorus, and bridge layer perfectly over the reggae-tinged feel of the production. Legend will release his brand new studio album, Evolver, this October.
Written by DJ Z on 09/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.