It’s out with the old John and in with the new! Gearing up to release his third studio album, Evolver, this September, GOOD Music/Columbia recording artist John Legend has put his live instrumentation tracks on the back burner and will instead focus on production with up-tempo drums loops and new-age synthesizers from the likes of Kanye West and The Neptunes. Joining Legend on the funky acid jazz-like Green Light, a potential first single off the upcoming project, is Outkast’s Andre 3000. Together, the pairing is an absolute musical match; so harmonious, in fact, that it should have plenty of fans clamoring for an entire collaborative project. DJBooth will provide more details on Legend’s new project as they emerge in the coming months.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.