With a title like Who Booty a few of our readers may be slightly taken aback by DJBooth newcomer Jonn Hart‘s latest single, but I assure you that while there are numerous booty mentions you will find yourself leaning and rocking to this one. The Oakland crooner may be new to our pages, but Hart has steadily been on his grind with long stretches of touring in his home state of Cali and building up an impressive Twitter following. Heck, Who Booty has even inspired the popular
hashtag #WhoBooty. Hart doesn’t hold back on the record as he sultrily sings, “No mama, I know what you want. Begging me to beat it like the bass of my trunk/ I’m a little nasty I ain’t even gotta front. Lick you from your head down down to your butt.” Despite the R-rated verses, producer Raw Smoove keeps the song “smoove” thanks to his use of light percussion and on the flip-side guest emcee IAMSU! gives the song a bit of hip-hop flair with a quick 16. At the moment Who Booty is not attached to any larger project from Hart, but if the song catches on that will soon change.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/12/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.