I’ll keep it one-hundred: it took me several baffled minutes to decipher the wordplay in the title of John Givez’ first Booth feature. The situation the Oceanside, California native describes in EP standout de-COI, however, is one folks will instantly recognize—after all, most of us have been in it at one point or another. Backed by Funky DL‘s guitar chords and shambling percussion, Givez rhymes about the confusion and disappointment that can result when a woman looks to a man for romance and intimacy, when all the dude in question is concerned with is getting off. (Or vice-versa—ladies like their commitment-free jump-offs, too!) Fans can find this easily-relatable jam and much more on Givez’ Mind Over Matter EP, available online as of December 3.
Written by richard on 12/17/12
Submit your Rating
Kings Dream Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.