I’ll keep it one-hundred: it took me several baffled minutes to decipher the wordplay in the title of John Givez’ first Booth feature. The situation the Oceanside, California native describes in EP standout de-COI, however, is one folks will instantly recognize—after all, most of us have been in it at one point or another. Backed by Funky DL‘s guitar chords and shambling percussion, Givez rhymes about the confusion and disappointment that can result when a woman looks to a man for romance and intimacy, when all the dude in question is concerned with is getting off. (Or vice-versa—ladies like their commitment-free jump-offs, too!) Fans can find this easily-relatable jam and much more on Givez’ Mind Over Matter EP, available online as of December 3.
Written by richard on 12/17/12
Kings Dream Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.