I’ll keep it one-hundred: it took me several baffled minutes to decipher the wordplay in the title of John Givez’ first Booth feature. The situation the Oceanside, California native describes in EP standout de-COI, however, is one folks will instantly recognize—after all, most of us have been in it at one point or another. Backed by Funky DL‘s guitar chords and shambling percussion, Givez rhymes about the confusion and disappointment that can result when a woman looks to a man for romance and intimacy, when all the dude in question is concerned with is getting off. (Or vice-versa—ladies like their commitment-free jump-offs, too!) Fans can find this easily-relatable jam and much more on Givez’ Mind Over Matter EP, available online as of December 3.
Written by richard on 12/17/12
Kings Dream Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)