If you were to ask a man on the street whether money buys true happiness, odds are that he’ll answer you, without hesitation, in the negative. Then he’ll go right back to fretting over his pocketbook and putting in overtime at the office. Though few have the will or the means to act on their belief that currency ain’t everything, it doesn’t hurt to be reminded of what really matters, especially when said reminder is as ear-pleasing as Houston emcee John Dew‘s Booth debut. On Richman (Remix), Jett I. Masstyr handles production duties, flipping a sample from The Dramatics’ Richest Man Alive as Dew details how an obsession with cash can make one miserable. After freestyle series alum The Boy Illinois said his piece and Fellow Lone Star State native Rob Jay jumps aboard to tell the story of a husband and father wasting his life on the pursuit of profit (well, that and his secretary), the headliner brings the joint to a strong finish, promising never to sacrifice his artistic vision to the Almighty Dollar. Craving more? You’re in luck; John Dew’s STJv1.9 street album is set to hit the ‘net March 1, for the low, low price of free.
Written by richard on 02/16/11
Submit your Rating
Council Music Group, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Collector's Edition" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.