If you were to ask a man on the street whether money buys true happiness, odds are that he’ll answer you, without hesitation, in the negative. Then he’ll go right back to fretting over his pocketbook and putting in overtime at the office. Though few have the will or the means to act on their belief that currency ain’t everything, it doesn’t hurt to be reminded of what really matters, especially when said reminder is as ear-pleasing as Houston emcee John Dew‘s Booth debut. On Richman (Remix), Jett I. Masstyr handles production duties, flipping a sample from The Dramatics’ Richest Man Alive as Dew details how an obsession with cash can make one miserable. After freestyle series alum The Boy Illinois said his piece and Fellow Lone Star State native Rob Jay jumps aboard to tell the story of a husband and father wasting his life on the pursuit of profit (well, that and his secretary), the headliner brings the joint to a strong finish, promising never to sacrifice his artistic vision to the Almighty Dollar. Craving more? You’re in luck; John Dew’s STJv1.9 street album is set to hit the ‘net March 1, for the low, low price of free.
Written by richard on 02/16/11
Submit your Rating
Council Music Group, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Collector's Edition" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.