If you were to ask a man on the street whether money buys true happiness, odds are that he’ll answer you, without hesitation, in the negative. Then he’ll go right back to fretting over his pocketbook and putting in overtime at the office. Though few have the will or the means to act on their belief that currency ain’t everything, it doesn’t hurt to be reminded of what really matters, especially when said reminder is as ear-pleasing as Houston emcee John Dew‘s Booth debut. On Richman (Remix), Jett I. Masstyr handles production duties, flipping a sample from The Dramatics’ Richest Man Alive as Dew details how an obsession with cash can make one miserable. After freestyle series alum The Boy Illinois said his piece and Fellow Lone Star State native Rob Jay jumps aboard to tell the story of a husband and father wasting his life on the pursuit of profit (well, that and his secretary), the headliner brings the joint to a strong finish, promising never to sacrifice his artistic vision to the Almighty Dollar. Craving more? You’re in luck; John Dew’s STJv1.9 street album is set to hit the ‘net March 1, for the low, low price of free.
Council Music Group, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Collector's Edition" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.