For all you television buffs out there, you probably remember John Boy as the eldest son on the
1970’s TV show The Waltons. Unfortunately, Windy City rapper John Boy has little to nothing in common with the fictitious The Waltons character of the same name so you’ll probably have to save that little bit of television trivia for Alex Trebek. Although new to our pages, the 22-year-old spitter has been putting in work since the age of nine when he was moved to grab a pen and a pad by the tragic passing of his father. With years of wise wordplay behind him, John Boy doesn’t hesitate in tapping into his clever side on Strong as he raps, “The wittiest but politic with the grittiest/ If God don’t like the ugly then who’s protecting the hideous.” Produced by fellow Chicagoan Prolyfic, Strong can be found on John Boy’s forthcoming United States Of Babylon project when it’s released this winter.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/22/12
Submit your Rating
1st and 15th Prod.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.