While the rest of the game is chasing a trend, John Anthony knows that the way to truly stand out is to say whatever is on your mind - no matter how twisted your mind is. Coming off the DJBooth-approved Drugs, new cut Swats is fueled by a darkly haunting beat from Russ that demands some “he said what?” verses. And of course Anthony is only too happy to oblige, unleashing nihilistic rhymes that have to be heard to be believed: “Doin felonies in daylight / smoking on God’s gift so I can tell you what heaven tastes like.” For more unapologetically twisted hip-hip be sure to keep an ear out for Anthony’s upcoming, vowel-free album Jxhn, set to drop in late July/early August.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/17/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.