While the rest of the game is chasing a trend, John Anthony knows that the way to truly stand out is to say whatever is on your mind - no matter how twisted your mind is. Coming off the DJBooth-approved Drugs, new cut Swats is fueled by a darkly haunting beat from Russ that demands some “he said what?” verses. And of course Anthony is only too happy to oblige, unleashing nihilistic rhymes that have to be heard to be believed: “Doin felonies in daylight / smoking on God’s gift so I can tell you what heaven tastes like.” For more unapologetically twisted hip-hip be sure to keep an ear out for Anthony’s upcoming, vowel-free album Jxhn, set to drop in late July/early August.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)