While the rest of the game is chasing a trend, John Anthony knows that the way to truly stand out is to say whatever is on your mind - no matter how twisted your mind is. Coming off the DJBooth-approved Drugs, new cut Swats is fueled by a darkly haunting beat from Russ that demands some “he said what?” verses. And of course Anthony is only too happy to oblige, unleashing nihilistic rhymes that have to be heard to be believed: “Doin felonies in daylight / smoking on God’s gift so I can tell you what heaven tastes like.” For more unapologetically twisted hip-hip be sure to keep an ear out for Anthony’s upcoming, vowel-free album Jxhn, set to drop in late July/early August.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/17/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)