While the rest of the game is chasing a trend, John Anthony knows that the way to truly stand out is to say whatever is on your mind - no matter how twisted your mind is. Coming off the DJBooth-approved Drugs, new cut Swats is fueled by a darkly haunting beat from Russ that demands some “he said what?” verses. And of course Anthony is only too happy to oblige, unleashing nihilistic rhymes that have to be heard to be believed: “Doin felonies in daylight / smoking on God’s gift so I can tell you what heaven tastes like.” For more unapologetically twisted hip-hip be sure to keep an ear out for Anthony’s upcoming, vowel-free album Jxhn, set to drop in late July/early August.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.