Winners don’t do Drugs—or do they? John Anthony‘s love for narcotics certainly hasn’t hurt his mic-rocking abilities, if the Southern emcee’s latest single and first Booth feature is any indication. Here, Russ’ bluesy, sampled boardwork sets the mood as the emcee waxes poetic about the joys of intoxication. Does this mind-altering selection leave you fiending for more? Then be sure to check out Anthony’s latest street release, #KINGAMAL, when it hits the net March 9.
Written by richard on 01/24/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.