Normally, my rap radar is filled with emcees from all ends of the earth, but lately it seems like Chicago’s Save Money crew isn’t leaving much room for anyone else. Between Chance The Rapper, Vic Mensa, Dally Auston, Kami de Chukwu, Tokyo Shawn and, of course, Joey Purp, Save Money is definitely hogging the spotlight. With his latest hip-hop Monologue, Purp looks to continue the Save Money takeover with yet another unforgettable effort. Thelonious Martin’s sample and horn-driven beat might not be an exclusive, but who the heck else would want to touch it now that Purp has knocked it out of the park with his gritty, yet charismatic and exuberant flow? And don’t get me started on his colorfully brash wordplay; there is just too much to love here. There’s been no news on any larger projects from Purp, but those craving more can check out his last Booth feature, April’s Do Ya’ Thang.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/24/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.