Normally, my rap radar is filled with emcees from all ends of the earth, but lately it seems like Chicago’s Save Money crew isn’t leaving much room for anyone else. Between Chance The Rapper, Vic Mensa, Dally Auston, Kami de Chukwu, Tokyo Shawn and, of course, Joey Purp, Save Money is definitely hogging the spotlight. With his latest hip-hop Monologue, Purp looks to continue the Save Money takeover with yet another unforgettable effort. Thelonious Martin’s sample and horn-driven beat might not be an exclusive, but who the heck else would want to touch it now that Purp has knocked it out of the park with his gritty, yet charismatic and exuberant flow? And don’t get me started on his colorfully brash wordplay; there is just too much to love here. There’s been no news on any larger projects from Purp, but those craving more can check out his last Booth feature, April’s Do Ya’ Thang.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/24/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.