Fresh off stirring up considerable buzz at this month’s SXSW festival, Windy City rhymesayer Joey Purp makes his first foray into The DJBooth with a brand new promotional single. SC mans the mixing boards on Don’t Stop, serving up a moody jazz instrumental as the emcee reflects on his rising status in the game. Purp’s braggadocious bars come laced with cultural references and memorable turns of phrase: “Youngest in the game, I must be soundin’ like Yoda / But these flights leave the Jedi red-eyed when you roll-up.” Like what you’re hearing? Stay tuned; while this is just a loosie, I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Joey Purp in the very near future.
Update: We have added the Thelovism-directed visuals for Joey’s ‘13 single.
Written by richard on 05/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)