Fresh off stirring up considerable buzz at this month’s SXSW festival, Windy City rhymesayer Joey Purp makes his first foray into The DJBooth with a brand new promotional single. SC mans the mixing boards on Don’t Stop, serving up a moody jazz instrumental as the emcee reflects on his rising status in the game. Purp’s braggadocious bars come laced with cultural references and memorable turns of phrase: “Youngest in the game, I must be soundin’ like Yoda / But these flights leave the Jedi red-eyed when you roll-up.” Like what you’re hearing? Stay tuned; while this is just a loosie, I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Joey Purp in the very near future.
Update: We have added the Thelovism-directed visuals for Joey’s ‘13 single.
Written by richard on 05/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.