Fresh off stirring up considerable buzz at this month’s SXSW festival, Windy City rhymesayer Joey Purp makes his first foray into The DJBooth with a brand new promotional single. SC mans the mixing boards on Don’t Stop, serving up a moody jazz instrumental as the emcee reflects on his rising status in the game. Purp’s braggadocious bars come laced with cultural references and memorable turns of phrase: “Youngest in the game, I must be soundin’ like Yoda / But these flights leave the Jedi red-eyed when you roll-up.” Like what you’re hearing? Stay tuned; while this is just a loosie, I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Joey Purp in the very near future.
Update: We have added the Thelovism-directed visuals for Joey’s ‘13 single.
Written by richard on 05/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.