Fresh off stirring up considerable buzz at this month’s SXSW festival, Windy City rhymesayer Joey Purp makes his first foray into The DJBooth with a brand new promotional single. SC mans the mixing boards on Don’t Stop, serving up a moody jazz instrumental as the emcee reflects on his rising status in the game. Purp’s braggadocious bars come laced with cultural references and memorable turns of phrase: “Youngest in the game, I must be soundin’ like Yoda / But these flights leave the Jedi red-eyed when you roll-up.” Like what you’re hearing? Stay tuned; while this is just a loosie, I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Joey Purp in the very near future.
Update: We have added the Thelovism-directed visuals for Joey’s ‘13 single.
Written by richard on 05/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.