I hope y’all are ready for some serious NYC hip-hop, because Joey BadA$$ has declared it Pro Era Week. Released yesterday, the first of seven daily song releases from the East Coast rhymesayer and his posse, is a dedication from Joey and Chicago-repping guest Chance the Rapper to two of their favorite white girls. The names of the women in question, Wendy N Becky, provide the opportunity from plenty of witty wordplay and innuendo, thanks to their resemblance to the rappers’ respective hometowns (B.K and the Windy City) as well as their, cough, sexual connotations. Another Chi-town repper, Thelonious Martin, provides a low-key, jazz-sampled backdrop for the collaborators’ tightly-wound, double entendre-laced bars. In addition to checking back with us daily for further Pro Era Week cuts, listeners should keep it locked for the latest on Chance’s forthcoming Acid Rain LP, scheduled for release sometime this spring.
Written by richard on 02/26/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Survival Tactics" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.