I hope y’all are ready for some serious NYC hip-hop, because Joey BadA$$ has declared it Pro Era Week. Released yesterday, the first of seven daily song releases from the East Coast rhymesayer and his posse, is a dedication from Joey and Chicago-repping guest Chance the Rapper to two of their favorite white girls. The names of the women in question, Wendy N Becky, provide the opportunity from plenty of witty wordplay and innuendo, thanks to their resemblance to the rappers’ respective hometowns (B.K and the Windy City) as well as their, cough, sexual connotations. Another Chi-town repper, Thelonious Martin, provides a low-key, jazz-sampled backdrop for the collaborators’ tightly-wound, double entendre-laced bars. In addition to checking back with us daily for further Pro Era Week cuts, listeners should keep it locked for the latest on Chance’s forthcoming Acid Rain LP, scheduled for release sometime this spring.
Written by richard on 02/26/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Survival Tactics" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.