I hope y’all are ready for some serious NYC hip-hop, because Joey BadA$$ has declared it Pro Era Week. Released yesterday, the first of seven daily song releases from the East Coast rhymesayer and his posse, is a dedication from Joey and Chicago-repping guest Chance the Rapper to two of their favorite white girls. The names of the women in question, Wendy N Becky, provide the opportunity from plenty of witty wordplay and innuendo, thanks to their resemblance to the rappers’ respective hometowns (B.K and the Windy City) as well as their, cough, sexual connotations. Another Chi-town repper, Thelonious Martin, provides a low-key, jazz-sampled backdrop for the collaborators’ tightly-wound, double entendre-laced bars. In addition to checking back with us daily for further Pro Era Week cuts, listeners should keep it locked for the latest on Chance’s forthcoming Acid Rain LP, scheduled for release sometime this spring.
Written by richard on 02/26/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Survival Tactics" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.