I hope y’all are ready for some serious NYC hip-hop, because Joey BadA$$ has declared it Pro Era Week. Released yesterday, the first of seven daily song releases from the East Coast rhymesayer and his posse, is a dedication from Joey and Chicago-repping guest Chance the Rapper to two of their favorite white girls. The names of the women in question, Wendy N Becky, provide the opportunity from plenty of witty wordplay and innuendo, thanks to their resemblance to the rappers’ respective hometowns (B.K and the Windy City) as well as their, cough, sexual connotations. Another Chi-town repper, Thelonious Martin, provides a low-key, jazz-sampled backdrop for the collaborators’ tightly-wound, double entendre-laced bars. In addition to checking back with us daily for further Pro Era Week cuts, listeners should keep it locked for the latest on Chance’s forthcoming Acid Rain LP, scheduled for release sometime this spring.
Written by richard on 02/26/13
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Survival Tactics" (2012)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.