Showcasing an agile, brainy lyrical style over beats that sound like they hopped a time machine from the 1990s, Joey BadA$$ is unique among hip-hop’s current freshman class. That Unorthodox style, of course, is exactly why he’s one of the most buzzed-about artists in today’s game (and the Booth staff pick for Best New Indie Artist of 2012). On his first single via Mountain Dew’s Green Label Sound imprint, the Pro.Era standard-bearer continues to carve out his niche, delivering complex and self-confident verses over a piano-laced boom-bap groove by the one and only DJ Premier. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can check out the track’s official visuals at greenlabelsound.com.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Joey’s Coodie & Chike-directed Unorthodox visuals.
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Survival Tactics" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!