While mainstream music and major labels still dominate the airwaves, the underground hip-hop scene is alive and well, providing real rap to those who are in dire need of music with substance and authenticity. Fans of said hip-hop will surely welcome Underground Airplay, an upcoming mixtape presented by Ecko Unlimited. The tape will pay respect to underground mainstays and up-and comers alike, with a brand new cut dropping every week. To get the ball rolling Joey BadA$$, Big K.R.I.T team up to bring fans Underground Airplay, the ever-grimy title track. All three emcees bring their own unique style to the track; BadA$$, with his against-the-grain flow, DZA with razor sharp vocals, and Krizzle with his aggressive, southern-spiced appeal share the Navie D. production, resulting in a very eclectic yet effective lead single. Keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from this tape, as we’ll surely have many-a-feature on the way.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/8/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Survival Tactics" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.