While mainstream music and major labels still dominate the airwaves, the underground hip-hop scene is alive and well, providing real rap to those who are in dire need of music with substance and authenticity. Fans of said hip-hop will surely welcome Underground Airplay, an upcoming mixtape presented by Ecko Unlimited. The tape will pay respect to underground mainstays and up-and comers alike, with a brand new cut dropping every week. To get the ball rolling Joey BadA$$, Big K.R.I.T team up to bring fans Underground Airplay, the ever-grimy title track. All three emcees bring their own unique style to the track; BadA$$, with his against-the-grain flow, DZA with razor sharp vocals, and Krizzle with his aggressive, southern-spiced appeal share the Navie D. production, resulting in a very eclectic yet effective lead single. Keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from this tape, as we’ll surely have many-a-feature on the way.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/8/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Survival Tactics" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.