To date, all of the Booth-featured Control responses have come courtesy of Kendrick‘s elders in the game. And for good reason—few rappers under 20 can plausibly claim to be in his weight class. If there’s one young’n who can put up a fight, though, it’s 18-year-old B.K. wunderkind Joey BadA$$. On Killuminati Pt. 2, the Pro.Era ringleader responds to K. Dot’s “King of New York” effrontery by encroaching on his territory. Implicitly placing himself alongside the late West Coast legend, Joey cribs a few lines from 2Pac‘s Hail Mary on the intro and outro: “Killuminati all through your body / Like a 12 gauge shotty.” Beatsmith Knxwledge provides a dreamy, flute-sampled instrumental to accompany the emcee’s bars. While Killuminati Pt. 2 is just a loosie, those craving more densely-packed verses and throwback beats are encouraged to check out Joey BadA$$‘s latest street album, Summer Knights.
Written by richard on 08/26/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Survival Tactics" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.