You heard it here first, Booth readers: Joey Bada$$ has laid mainstream rap’s most ubiquitous catchphrase to rest, once and for all. OK, maybe not. Though this cut, a staff-selected standout off the Pro.Era ringleader’s just-released Summer Knights mixtape, bears the provocative title Death of YOLO, the artist seems more interested in raising questions than dismissing Drizzy‘s Motto wholesale. Over Bruce Leekix’ mesmerizing boom-bap instrumental, Joey imagines meeting his maker just minutes after attaining everything he’s worked so long to achieve. Smoke DZA offers a more laid-back perspective on the guest tip, indulging his taste for kush and one-night stands in a blasé middle verse. If this appetizer’s left you craving more, well, what are you waiting for? Click here to cop Joey Bada$$’ latest opus for free via the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Survival Tactics" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.