You heard it here first, Booth readers: Joey Bada$$ has laid mainstream rap’s most ubiquitous catchphrase to rest, once and for all. OK, maybe not. Though this cut, a staff-selected standout off the Pro.Era ringleader’s just-released Summer Knights mixtape, bears the provocative title Death of YOLO, the artist seems more interested in raising questions than dismissing Drizzy‘s Motto wholesale. Over Bruce Leekix’ mesmerizing boom-bap instrumental, Joey imagines meeting his maker just minutes after attaining everything he’s worked so long to achieve. Smoke DZA offers a more laid-back perspective on the guest tip, indulging his taste for kush and one-night stands in a blasé middle verse. If this appetizer’s left you craving more, well, what are you waiting for? Click here to cop Joey Bada$$’ latest opus for free via the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Survival Tactics" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.