Between missing my daily 8:30am class more than I would like to admit and having the messiest dorm room ever, I think it’s safe to say I did not act like a college ready freshman. While some of our readers might be able to relate, Joey BadA$$ and Action Bronson are definitely in their own separate category. On B.A.R’d (or Beyond a Reasonable Doubt), the two XXL Freshman team up to teach a class on hip-hop. Producer Chuck Strangers’ jazzy, dusty board work is a nice contrast to the duo’s against the grain style. BadA$$ steps up to the plate first, tackling the beat with his slick wordplay that rolls right off his tongue thanks to a slurred flow, while Bronson wraps up the effort off with his gritty flow and oddly colorful bars. This (tagless) effort was lifted from the DJ Drama hosted XXL Freshman Tape, which is now available for free download.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/5/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Survival Tactics" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.