In his classic The Origin of Species, Charles Darwin laid down the law of natural selection: “In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment.” Needless to say, with America’s inner-city streets feeling more and more like the jungle with every passing day, we could all stand a refresher course on Survival Tactics. Enter 17-year-old rhymesayer (and new Cinematic signee) Joey BADA$$, who fills us in on how he’s learned to survive and thrive in his environment on the latest single/video off his forthcoming full-length. Vin Skully‘s eerily familiar samples (Anyone I.D. the source for me?) set the mood as the B.K. repper chronicles his quest to stay alive and get paid in cynical, yet playful verses. As a street survivor, of course, he knows not to roll solo - Capital STEEZ, a fellow member of the Pro.Era movement, contributes some radical rhetoric of his own to the record’s back end. For more hot beats and lyrical flames, check out BADA$$’ 1999 LP when it hits online retailers late next month.
Written by richard on 02/27/12
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.