In his classic The Origin of Species, Charles Darwin laid down the law of natural selection: “In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment.” Needless to say, with America’s inner-city streets feeling more and more like the jungle with every passing day, we could all stand a refresher course on Survival Tactics. Enter 17-year-old rhymesayer (and new Cinematic signee) Joey BADA$$, who fills us in on how he’s learned to survive and thrive in his environment on the latest single/video off his forthcoming full-length. Vin Skully‘s eerily familiar samples (Anyone I.D. the source for me?) set the mood as the B.K. repper chronicles his quest to stay alive and get paid in cynical, yet playful verses. As a street survivor, of course, he knows not to roll solo - Capital STEEZ, a fellow member of the Pro.Era movement, contributes some radical rhetoric of his own to the record’s back end. For more hot beats and lyrical flames, check out BADA$$’ 1999 LP when it hits online retailers late next month.
Written by richard on 02/27/12
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.