An American Idol contestant who went on to score a deal with Chris Brown‘s CBE, Joelle James makes her grand entrance into the Booth with post-breakup anthem Fading Away. Here, an unknown beatsmith’s slow-burning synths set the mood as the buzzmaking singer tells her ex that she’s not about to let a little heartbreak break her stride. Lo Breezy (a pitched down version of the artist’s label boss—get it?) delivers guest rhymes. There’ no word yet on a debut studio album from Joelle James, but fans can stay tuned to the Booth for further details as they arise.
Written by richard on 06/11/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)