An American Idol contestant who went on to score a deal with Chris Brown‘s CBE, Joelle James makes her grand entrance into the Booth with post-breakup anthem Fading Away. Here, an unknown beatsmith’s slow-burning synths set the mood as the buzzmaking singer tells her ex that she’s not about to let a little heartbreak break her stride. Lo Breezy (a pitched down version of the artist’s label boss—get it?) delivers guest rhymes. There’ no word yet on a debut studio album from Joelle James, but fans can stay tuned to the Booth for further details as they arise.
Written by richard on 06/11/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.