An American Idol contestant who went on to score a deal with Chris Brown‘s CBE, Joelle James makes her grand entrance into the Booth with post-breakup anthem Fading Away. Here, an unknown beatsmith’s slow-burning synths set the mood as the buzzmaking singer tells her ex that she’s not about to let a little heartbreak break her stride. Lo Breezy (a pitched down version of the artist’s label boss—get it?) delivers guest rhymes. There’ no word yet on a debut studio album from Joelle James, but fans can stay tuned to the Booth for further details as they arise.
Written by richard on 06/11/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.