An American Idol contestant who went on to score a deal with Chris Brown‘s CBE, Joelle James makes her grand entrance into the Booth with post-breakup anthem Fading Away. Here, an unknown beatsmith’s slow-burning synths set the mood as the buzzmaking singer tells her ex that she’s not about to let a little heartbreak break her stride. Lo Breezy (a pitched down version of the artist’s label boss—get it?) delivers guest rhymes. There’ no word yet on a debut studio album from Joelle James, but fans can stay tuned to the Booth for further details as they arise.
Written by richard on 06/11/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.