Barack and Michelle, Jordan and Pippen, Snoop Dogg and marijuana, all duos that not only made each other better but changed their respective games. To that list we can now safely add Brooklyn heavyweight Joell Ortiz and the Booth’s favorite singer/producer/etc. Novel, who have teamed up for their sure to be dope Defying the Predictable mixtape. The latest single off Defying is the instantly memorable Like I Know, a slowly paced cut that’s as hard as it is smooth. In typical Novel fashion the production is calm, collected and devoid of any superfluous additions, but it’s Ortiz’ vocals that are sure to have everyone talking, as he touches on both his domestic troubles with a woman more interested in watching reality tv than cooking for him and addresses the Slaughterhouse vs. Benzino “beef,” largely (and wisely) simply brushing aside Benz. Why do people seem to love these absurd beefs? Like I know. Defying the Predictable has yet to receive a solid release date, but you can count on DJBooth to keep you updated.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.