Barack and Michelle, Jordan and Pippen, Snoop Dogg and marijuana, all duos that not only made each other better but changed their respective games. To that list we can now safely add Brooklyn heavyweight Joell Ortiz and the Booth’s favorite singer/producer/etc. Novel, who have teamed up for their sure to be dope Defying the Predictable mixtape. The latest single off Defying is the instantly memorable Like I Know, a slowly paced cut that’s as hard as it is smooth. In typical Novel fashion the production is calm, collected and devoid of any superfluous additions, but it’s Ortiz’ vocals that are sure to have everyone talking, as he touches on both his domestic troubles with a woman more interested in watching reality tv than cooking for him and addresses the Slaughterhouse vs. Benzino “beef,” largely (and wisely) simply brushing aside Benz. Why do people seem to love these absurd beefs? Like I know. Defying the Predictable has yet to receive a solid release date, but you can count on DJBooth to keep you updated.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.