In case you didn’t know, Joell Ortiz is not that different from you and I. Like Ortiz, if your brain is clouded by the last ten years of hip hop, you might want to recall some of your fondest Memories. No longer signed to Dr. Dre’s Aftermath Records, the newly turned free-agent turns honest over producer Salaam Remi‘s sample-riddled concoction, reminding listeners what it feels like to rip open a brand new album and immediately call all your friends to hype it up. A line from this new single provides proof of the Brooklyn emcee’s inventive wordplay, “if my memories serve me correct losing sucks/ so I’m in it for the gold like Scrooge McDuck” Ortiz’ forthcoming Free Agent mixtape is set to drop this September.
Listen to More: Joell Ortiz
Written by Erica L. on 08/11/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.