In case you didn’t know, Joell Ortiz is not that different from you and I. Like Ortiz, if your brain is clouded by the last ten years of hip hop, you might want to recall some of your fondest Memories. No longer signed to Dr. Dre’s Aftermath Records, the newly turned free-agent turns honest over producer Salaam Remi‘s sample-riddled concoction, reminding listeners what it feels like to rip open a brand new album and immediately call all your friends to hype it up. A line from this new single provides proof of the Brooklyn emcee’s inventive wordplay, “if my memories serve me correct losing sucks/ so I’m in it for the gold like Scrooge McDuck” Ortiz’ forthcoming Free Agent mixtape is set to drop this September.
Written by Erica L. on 08/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.