In case you didn’t know, Joell Ortiz is not that different from you and I. Like Ortiz, if your brain is clouded by the last ten years of hip hop, you might want to recall some of your fondest Memories. No longer signed to Dr. Dre’s Aftermath Records, the newly turned free-agent turns honest over producer Salaam Remi‘s sample-riddled concoction, reminding listeners what it feels like to rip open a brand new album and immediately call all your friends to hype it up. A line from this new single provides proof of the Brooklyn emcee’s inventive wordplay, “if my memories serve me correct losing sucks/ so I’m in it for the gold like Scrooge McDuck” Ortiz’ forthcoming Free Agent mixtape is set to drop this September.
Written by Erica L. on 08/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.